This guide provides instructions on how to enable hidden UI features.
Feature-flags are in preview mode and to be used for testing only. As such, consult with the Kasten support team prior to using them in production.
The K10 data management platform has several features that help simplify operations from initial deployment through on-going operations via:
Kubernetes API: provides a Kubernetes-native API for programmatic control. This choice allows us to not only implement a desired-state system like the rest of Kubernetes, it also allows our APIs to be invoked by the native kubectl tool that you are already familiar with.
- Management Interface: easy-to-use, state-of-the-art, web-based user interface for global visibility, and establishing and managing policies.
Users have the freedom of choice to configure and manage all K10 operations via API or the Dashboard. Certain UI features, although available, need to be enabled prior to use.
Follow steps below to enable such hidden features.
Note: There are several options for accessing the K10 dashboard. These details can be found here.
- After loading the dashboard, append features to the end of the URL.
- Select On for the feature flag(s) that need to be enabled.
- Go back to the home page by clicking on Kasten.
- The selected feature(s) are now available for use.
YAML button on Profiles: display the full YAML output of a specified Location Profile including the secret.
Infrastructure Profiles: provides access to Infrastructure platforms like Openstack and Google.